Baile Átha Cliath


Monday, April 26, 2010

Ch-ch-cha Changes

Observations about minor changes I've gone through in the past few months.

Due to the utter lack of decent coffee available to me, I have become an avid tea drinker. Now, I prefer it. It is far to much fun to say you want a "cuppa". I have also put myself on Diet Coke Detox.

Hersheys has been replaced as my #1 chocolate. Now, it is Cadbury. Particularly, Twirl bars. They are bliss.

Eggs over easy, instead of scrambled.

The poor student version of a pasta dish- bowl of pasta with tomato sauce and a cheese single on top. I know Nick would shake his head in shame at the lack of creativity there, but it is easy and cheap.

I also developed an obsession with yogurt and granola.

Apart from food...

I can distinguish not only between the accents originating from different counties but now from different parts of Dublin.

Lingo that slips out: I vow that none of these will come back to the US with me.
That's deadly! (US insert: awesome, great)
Calling the US "The States".
I'll give you a ring. (call)
Putting "like" after a casual sentence rather than in the middle.
"Do you want to catch the bus or, catch a cab, like?" as opposed to, "... or, like, catch a cab?"
Saying brilliant. Particularly combining it with the above. "It was brilliant, like."
And of course... great craic. Particularly people and venues can be described as "good craic". Means fun. But kind of adds a little kick.

Before this past Christmas, I had never had any interest in owning a camera. Now, I absolutely LOVE taking pictures. I can't believe my camera clonked out when it did. I regret so much not being able to take pictures of Paris, Spain, the rest of Ireland. I would have documented everything. Soon as I get it fixed, my camera will never leave my purse.

Oh, last minor change... I will never like an American boy again. If he isn't Irish, I'm not interested. :) Not that that's much of a change, to be honest!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Eileen, You'll be back!!!!! :)

    We all miss you here in the USA!!!

    ReplyDelete