Baile Átha Cliath


Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Yet another blog fail... I have so, so much to update on it hurts. I think I should just write a book and publish it, because now I'm so out of order. I left off, sadly, with Seville, nearly a month ago. The rest of Madrid and Barcelona was too action packed to sit down and blog, and when I returned immediately our internships began, my family visited, and since I've just lost track. So my sincere apologies for the utter lack of update.

I have exactly twelve days left here in Dublin. While there are elements of home that I will definitely be excited to return to (family, friends, Dunkin Donuts), I am not looking forward to the severe withdrawal I'm going to experience. I actually get sad seeing planes take off in the distance from my common room window.

Thus, the next two weeks are going to be the best of the trip. I have absolutely fantastic things planned. Pesky papers and assignments will not interfere.

Aside from hyper-blog-catch-up, my internship, job hunting for the summer, finding creative ways to not spend money on daily essentials, and fulfilling assignments for class and my portfolio, I also have the pleasure of participating in some Irish Dance. Better late than never, but I really could have used the optional class they started offering a couple weeks ago about three months ago. Not only is the class at DCU great fun, but the teacher has her own school based in Dublin that I'm going to check out tomorrow night. My mom brought my shoes to me, so I need to get a few good uses out of them. Dancing in her class and finding some good ceilis will be an excellent addition to my time here.

I have also started the optional Gaeilge lessons, picking up various Irish words and phrases, the very basics. I am, of course, in love with it. Is maith liom Baile Atha Cliath.

I'll chip away at everything I need to update you all on as much as I can this week. Very soon I will be home sharing it all in person, but here, you can ex out if you get tired of hearing about every minute detail, whereas in person, I don't even have a "minimize until later" option. Believe me, I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment